Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

GZ motorsports super pro vacuum pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul P

83469.96 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: GZ motorsports super pro vacuum pump Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
Not too much going on here but I though since I was updating my combination I'd post something. I ordered a GZ motorsports super pro vacuum pump with the braided line and valve cover baffle options. Not cheap but it will help with a few things.

No more oil leaks from the breathers

Oil will be kept cleaner

25 estimated HP gain.

I have already cut off the breather tube on the passenger side valve cover. Sanded with multiple grit sandpaper and polished the cover. Installed the cool speedway motors oil cap. Basically have to do the same thing on the drivers side cover and install the baffle I ordered for it to connect the -12AN line. Pump will go where I have the plate for the fuel pressure regulator so there I will have to figure out how the regulator will mount to the new pump mounting plate. Plenty of room on the drivers side for this setup. Looking forward to more power less leaks and cleaner oil.
[/list]

1971 - Chevelle 408 SBC N/A
6.59@104.03 MPH 1/8mi
10.40@127.73 MPH 1/4mi
Big Dave

120687.70 points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck. If I ever build another I will probably go dry sump as it combines no leaks with added power and better oil control just hate the big reservoir.

Big dave
Paul P

83469.96 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacuum pump is a proven benefit for either wet or dry sump systems. You do have to keep the max vacuum to 16" Hg or the bearings start to have issues. The system provides an adjustable vacuum valve so you can keep it in the sweet spot.

GZ is the only one with a crankshaft that doesn't use centrifugal force to seal the vanes in the pump to the case. Best in the business if you ask me.

6.59@104.03 MPH 1/8mi
10.40@127.73 MPH 1/4mi
Paul P

83469.96 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crank Mandrel requires some machine work to my lower pulley to sit on the face of the harmonic balancer. It was either machine the step on the end of the mandrel from 1.25" to 1.1" to fit inside the March lower pulley or cut a 2" hole with a lathe in the lower pulley so it can sit inside it and directly on the balancer. I did call GZ motorsports and they recommended cutting the big hole for reliability. That's what I'm having done at Golens in Hudson, NH. Crazy times with the pandemic. Everyone stay safe. I figured this would be a time where traffic on smokemup would increase since everyone has to be home.

6.59@104.03 MPH 1/8mi
10.40@127.73 MPH 1/4mi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: