Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Lets have some fun
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knarley Darley

540038.90 points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Lets have some fun Reply with quote

And build a smokemup project car. First lets decide what the intended use and goals are for the car. Then what platform to start with> I am leaning toward early model for smog and cost reasons but nothing is set in stone. Right now I have in my inventory of candidates a 1967 camaro that is completely didassembled for restoration, a 1967 Impalla convertable with a 396 t-400 and 12 bolt that is a complete car but needs total restoration. 1970 vette in the same condition as the impala, and another 70 elcamino ss BB car thgat has a rebuilt 427 but needs a total cosmetic resto. I have a number of finished cars also and would even consider buying somthing completely different to build. So lets put our collective thought in on this and come up with somthing outrageous, and functional for whatever the intended use is going to be.
alfonsothefons

4535.02 points

1978 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

67 impala resto body and interior original drivetrain freshened up with gearvendors od maybe efi ,air suspension
and curb feelers Smile
74ChevyStepside

1894.42 points

1974 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Im workin on my project Reply with quote

74 chevy stepside 2WD smallblock bored 40 over soon to get allot more. Air bags completely rebuilt motor all redone interior new bed
want it it be a shop stopper!!! will take time but its for my sons graduation gift he's only 6 now Embarassed Crying or Very sad
squeeezer

191524.76 points

1991 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Im workin on my project Reply with quote

74ChevyStepside wrote:
74 chevy stepside 2WD smallblock bored 40 over soon to get allot more. Air bags completely rebuilt motor all redone interior new bed
want it it be a shop stopper!!! will take time but its for my sons graduation gift he's only 6 now Embarassed Crying or Very sad

keep on showing pics as you go
squeeezer

191524.76 points

1991 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets have some fun Reply with quote

Knarley Darley wrote:
And build a smokemup project car. First lets decide what the intended use and goals are for the car. Then what platform to start with> I am leaning toward early model for smog and cost reasons but nothing is set in stone. Right now I have in my inventory of candidates a 1967 camaro that is completely didassembled for restoration, a 1967 Impalla convertable with a 396 t-400 and 12 bolt that is a complete car but needs total restoration. 1970 vette in the same condition as the impala, and another 70 elcamino ss BB car thgat has a rebuilt 427 but needs a total cosmetic resto. I have a number of finished cars also and would even consider buying somthing completely different to build. So lets put our collective thought in on this and come up with somthing outrageous, and functional for whatever the intended use is going to be.

intended usage=build it as cheap as posable.......who cares what it looks like within reason
then send it in to a magazine and showem what REALWORLD BUDGET IS!!!!
MY VOTE WOULD BE THE 70 ELCO
74ChevyStepside

1894.42 points

1974 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be a sweet project but i'm looking into chopin the top some fiberglass/ interior sound work Video maybe 500 HP smallblock. the dyno wont lie!!! But yea the pics are gonna be taken I have one from when i first got it runin descent, AKA still had the drivers fender ROFLMAO (that fell off in my hands)!!!!!
the bed is rather rotten!!! will not be long and i will have pics though need new camera. am buying the summit cast iron heads with the 2.02 intake want to maybe port and polish them with a valve jobto a 2.05 intake!! and port and polish the stage 3 summit intake. and a new cam and pimped out hei dist. just to list what i will do this yr.!!!! love tax time!!
Skunkworkx

10318.16 points

1968 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different ?

Look at this....

10sec.et

345617.94 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets have some fun Reply with quote

Knarley Darley wrote:

my vote is for the El Camino or Impala. how is this supposed to work being a SMOKEmUP project car ? are you just looking for suggestions or parts donations or both ? i like the idea, im just not sure i understand what you have in mind.

squeeezer

191524.76 points

1991 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Lets have some fun Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:
Knarley Darley wrote:

my vote is for the El Camino or Impala. how is this supposed to work being a SMOKEmUP project car ? are you just looking for suggestions or parts donations or both ? i like the idea, im just not sure i understand what you have in mind.

a lifetime supply of t-shirts Laughing Laughing Laughing

im currious too
Knarley Darley

540038.90 points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No parts, just money please LOL. JK actually I would be funding the project. So come up with the coolest most outrageous, and cost concious you can think of. I personally think it needs twins or a huffer,or 700+ CI if normally asperated, but with twins(turbos) it could actually get good milage.
FRITODAVE

5170.64 points

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure would like to see the 70 vette with a LS2 6.0 and an old style lenco/Liberty trans to bang through the gears with. Decent power, good mileage, pleasant to drive. What more would you want. I also forgot, and it's a two seater for you and your chick. Sorry no room for the kids Razz .
Knarley Darley

540038.90 points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since The paint and body work will be done in house also, and the vette body is rough, maybe a radical 2009 Zo6 custom hand made body with the LS2 for power. Sounds expensive though.
TSHACK

24533.64 points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Hemi Pantaria with adding twin turbos & intercooler. Twisted Evil Also the two seater no kids thing.
But wher to hide the keys so the 17 year old son can't find them.LOL Laughing

squeeezer

191524.76 points

1991 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still say the elco
put one big turbo on it
for 1/4 mile

what is the comp ratio on it???
Knarley Darley

540038.90 points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little up date on this post. I ended up finding a really original 69 vette with every factory option and a 300 horse small block/t-400. It is a Black on Black leather car. I just painted it, all of the exterior trim and chrome is new, and I have all the engine and bracket parts to make it a Big Block clone. The engine is a .070 over 454 with 4 bolt mains, I bought a new forged stroker kit for it so it will be 498 inches with about 10.5 to 1. I had a set of 990 square port heads rebuilt, and I have the correct corvette intake for the heads that will clear the factory BB hood (I located a 427 hood and painted it also) I plan on running a retro fit hyd. roller cam, cam specs to be determined (any ideas?) There is a 435 horse tri power set up on E-Bay right now, and I would love to put that baby on there. I am trying to make the car and engine look original, but have a total thumper, and that tri power would be the ultimate crown for this project. Or should I leave a small block in it and fly Clay out here to set up some twins for it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Everything Goes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: