Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

10sec! Help? 96/97 Ford Ranger!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
af2

72008.26 points

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10sec.et wrote:
sorry for the rant Embarassed . thats the only motor ive seen that has to be replaced when chain guides go bad Evil or Very Mad .

im still checking on the 4x4 issues. ive just been REALLY buisy at work. (see above post Rolling Eyes )

Thats why I said EASY 10! Wink You're FREE advice can wait until things are done. Laughing Laughing

Not in a hurry here, snow has melted!
10sec.et

347040.52 points

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did a little research and found out it DOES have the vac solenoid for the front axles like the F150s. its called a PVH (pulse vacuum hublock) solenoid (or 4x4 vacuum thingy). its in the right front. it uses fuse no. 27 in the instrument panel fuse block. looks like its under or near the air cleaner box (according to my diagram). you should be able to follow the vac lines from the front axle up to it. it connects into the main vac canister and WILL cause a loss of vac and the AC will go to defrost.

nwcc

158.80 points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

af2 wrote:

Laughing Laughing It wont DIE!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

When I was in high school my parents bought me a new Ranger. At the time I really disliked Fords but because my Dad was a Ford man... I was stuck with it. Unless for some unforseen reason something happened to it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

To make a very long story short. Over 2 years I did everything humanly possible to kill that truck. I jumped it, regularly rev'd the piss out of it, raced it, took it off roading, went rock crawling, and did numerous high speed runs down the worst wash board roads I could find. NOTHING EVER BROKE!!! The only money spent was for oil changes and tires!!

What finally did it in was a vindictive ex girlfriend. She had it stolen and vandalized. Vandalized isn't quiet the word. When it was found all the glass was broken out, the door were torn off, seat ripped out, the ass end of the truck was v shaped like it was backed into a tree at 40 MPH, the front of the truck looked the same as the back, and it was burned out
phydeaux

3114.12 points

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an unkillable Crown Vic. Poor thing has been through hell and still cranks each and every time. (I hope 10sec doesn't see this. I can't take any more flack about the hubcaps)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: