Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

HP EFI CNP upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul P

80295.82 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAC counts while idling are 0-5% and if I put it in gear they are 15-25% which is I think just right. Throttle is good I would say. IAC parked is up near 80 and cranking fuel hot is down at 13. Still if I open the throttle a little it does fire. This is a too rich indication. Thus my conclusion is I have too much fuel/fuel pressure. I am going to try backing down the fuel pressure since it makes the most sense to me. These are 66lb/hr injectors at 43psi so there is plenty of extra. I don't think changing the fuel pressure will hurt. It might get me there. If crank fuel and IAC are at opposite ends of the spectrum it would make sense to try this since I am running out of air ability to add IAC and have too much fuel at the low limit of crank fuel. I know the adjustments I am making are there since when I connect to the ECU and download the data it is the same as the global folder settings.
6.95@98.6 MPH 1/8mi
10.97@121 MPH 1/4mi
Paul P

80295.82 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I took another crack at it and it paid off. Started with the global folder file from back in March. Changed the fuel pressure down to 44lbs to rescale the crank fuel and IAC % ranges. Set the actual fuel pressure on the ECU setup page. Then went to then now back to what I had crank fuel and IAC % pages. I changed the entire range down quite a bit and left the IAC alone. I also thought my target AFR Kyle use a change so I went to another custom file 480HPLS2 and grabbed the whole table. I had to tweak the idle area a little but otherwise left it alone. Went back to the main ECU page and set the running rpm to 250 sine it cranks at 130rpm and 400 was the default which would definitely be running. Gave it a try and it started right up cold and then hot too. I might add a little IAC parked % to it but it was pretty good. Test drive was amazing. It pulled hard and had a lot of power all good just have to drive it some more.

Funny the Holley engineer on their support site was kind of a dick about helping me. I told him what I was thinking was going on with tables and the pressure and he said to RTFM basically which really pissed me off. I made the changes I just described and posted it. He did then say oh that might affect them after the fact. I think he just gets mostly bonehead questions and assumes everyone is clueless. Set him straight just saying it worked and I have been doing this a long time with other systems. Hard I guess to know who you are dealing with. I figured if I said what I was thinking was going on and why he might have said that was possible but instead just a read this post response which had nothing in it about what I was referring to 🙄

6.95@98.6 MPH 1/8mi
10.97@121 MPH 1/4mi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Chevy - Small Block Gen 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: