Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Which Parts Houses Make The Grade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Buyer & Seller Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clay

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with Summit and Doug Herbert. I like Doug Herbert a little better since I get everything next day. Never had a problem with Jegs until the rack and pinion fiasco, but they did make it good in the end so that's not too bad. We also have a local speed shop - CPR racing. Their parts are in line with the prices of the Summit, Jegs, etc. so I have been trying to use them more and more. MSD and Autometer have been great on any problems I have had. I haven't had much luck with Demon or Barry Grant, whatever you want to call them. Don't really care for Comp Cams help line either. Clay
clay

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to add a new for me manufacturer to the list. I have been dealing with Competition Products a little lately and they seem to be good as far as customer service. They custom ground a flat tappet camshaft for me for total cost of $139 with about 1 1/2 week turnaround. I also got a set of lifters for the best price I found anywhere (around $55) and they were labeled as "Made in U.S.A." I also bought a plain stamped timing chain cover for $14 and it also was stamped "Made in U.S.A.". Clay
10sec.et

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clay wrote:
I have to add a new for me manufacturer to the list. I have been dealing with Competition Products a little lately and they seem to be good as far as customer service. Clay

do you have a link or phone number ? do they ship nationwide or just deal locally ? im always in favor of supporting the "little guys".

af2

1933 Willys Coupe

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clay wrote:
I have to add a new for me manufacturer to the list. I have been dealing with Competition Products a little lately and they seem to be good as far as customer service. They custom ground a flat tappet camshaft for me for total cost of $139 with about 1 1/2 week turnaround. I also got a set of lifters for the best price I found anywhere (around $55) and they were labeled as "Made in U.S.A." I also bought a plain stamped timing chain cover for $14 and it also was stamped "Made in U.S.A.". Clay

Almost a year to the day!!!! Laughing
clay

1972 Chevrolet Nova

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't really consider them "little guys" buy looking at their cataloge and webpage, I just haven't heard of them yet, but they seem to be pretty good. Their shipping isn't quite as fast as Summit or Jegs's, they seem to take one more day than them, but for me, most of the time that isn't a big deal. If I want something in a hurry, I would get it from Doug Herbert since they are close to me and I can get stuff next day. Anyway, here is a link. Clay
http://competitionproducts.com/

nwcc

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Competition Products has been advertising in the muscle car rags for years(IE Hot Rod, Super Chevy, Car Craft, ect.) They seem to be a good company and they push "made in USA" products really hard. Which is obviously a good thing.
FRITODAVE

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Competition Products i.e. Howard Cams has been around forever. They used to be in downtown LA. They are in almost every issue of ND. As far as the Herberts, Doug is on my no buy list and Chet is a long time favorite. Doug flat out baits and switches. Summit and Jegs never a problem. I have a huge Jegs hat collection and still wear my silver annaversary Summit jacket given to me back in the early 90's. All the big auto parts store chains are absolutely worthless. I spent the most money with Powerhouse. Stock and mild performance is their forte. Never used their mail order because they are local. I am treated like a king there only because of a long time association and close to 7 digit purchases in that time. Overall I would give them a thumbs down Sad. My next personal purchase will probably be Chet Herbert because I like the cam grinder there.
squeeezer

1991 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s&w for cages namely-best fit n finish hardly and grinding
and cheapest prices too double+

check out c+c motorsports for online catalogue great service

2 recent personal observations that made me say WOW and i don't get excited about much my friends say

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Buyer & Seller Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: