Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Need help on finding out what kinda trany I have

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felix

100.00 points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Need help on finding out what kinda trany I have Reply with quote

Hi I just bought a 400 transmission and need help to see if I can put it in my Blazer. The guy I got it from told me its a Summit 400 but I found GM stamp. I have all the serial 3ers but I have NO clue to what they mean. Ill put them hear and if anyone can help I would be Super greatfull. My Blazer is a built 76 with a 400SB with a mild build. heras the numbers.
top of the case says D4
Stamp says 6LL
Pan numbers are j9s06n 6ll
case numbers are 8640841 8640399

I just want to make sure I can put this in my Blazer or need to put the right parts so I can. Again Any help with this I would be VERRY greatfull. Thanks and hope to post hear again
Paul P

82671.86 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix,
Look for a two letter code. I have a Motor Manual with the codes from69-82. Let me know what you find. The model and model year are stamped on the 1-2 accumulator cover which is located on the middle lower right side of the transmission case. The code should be on a tag or stamped on the left side/top of the case 6-8 inches behind the shift shaft.
Felix

100.00 points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks Ill check it out and get back with ya.
Felix
Felix

100.00 points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code is 10 27 3. I didnt even see that code. If this is any help there is a D4 on top of the bell houseing real big and like welded.
Felix
Paul P

82671.86 points

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That D4 isn't anything of Reference I've got a B1 on my th350 and it doesn't seem of any importance according to the book. Your Trans case date code is Oct 27 1973. You can't find a two letter code anywhere else??
My letter code is just left of the date code "RE 4 23 2".The book for codes don't show my RE code in it at all so if you can't find it at least it's a 73 vintage th400.
Felix

100.00 points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul Thanks a MAJOR bunch for your help. As for another code Ill have to do a little more cleaning and get back with you. Do any of the codes on the firt post mean anything. one is from the pan . There is also a big stamp "2" on the side of the case and a 6LL also. not welded or embosed. just stamped. Ill check back later, again Thank you foryou help
Felix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: