Auto Math
Classifieds
Forum
Gallery
Games
Garage
Tech Articles
Utilites

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Forum Subscriptions1/4 Mile Table 

Ford C4 troubles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sgt_Pepper

100.00 points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: Ford C4 troubles Reply with quote

I've got an 80 ford truck with a rebuilt 302 and a c4 tranny. The c4 sometimes feels sloppy and barely shifts. It only does this when hot. There is no kickdown linkage. I don't know even where to find the kickdown linkage. It has a B&M shifter on the floor that I shift manualy. What is wrong with my tranny. There are no metal shavings or discoloration other than old fluid color in the tranny fluid (no browns or swirling, just darker red.)
racerdain

100.00 points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sarg.,

Is it sloppy on the 1-2 or 2-3 or both? If it's the 1-2 you could try adjusting the intermediate band. It's not always a cure, but once in a while it helps. If it's on the 2-3 I can't offer any advice. Have you tried any kind of improver kit? I used the B&M transpack in mine and the 1-2 was incredible and the 2-3 was great. You might also check the servo for the intermediate band. Hope this helps a little.

Good luck,

Mike

Sgt_Pepper

100.00 points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,

The 1-2 shift is fine. It's very quick and snappy. However it is the 2-3 shift that worries me. I'll put it in third and it seems to hit a neutral and then revs up and finally drops into third. It wouldn't really bother me but, it hinders any form of racing. It will make things especially hard if I decide for a 3.73 possi gear for my 9". Thanks anyhow.

Sgt_Pepper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMOKEmUP.com Forum Index -> Driveline / Suspension All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: